GLENWOOD SOCCER CLUB TRAVEL TEAMS and REGISTRATION
Travel teams are registered in both Fall and Spring seasons. Glenwood Soccer Club follows the rules and regulations on team formation, rules of play, roster sizes, and registration policies of US Soccer and Iowa Soccer Association. Anyone interested in coaching a team, please email our Board at GlenwoodSoccerClub@Outlook.com.
At this time, our travel teams are registered in the Eastern Nebraska Soccer Association (ENSA) and Nebraska League (NL). There is some travel involved in these leagues, mostly in the Omaha metro area. Some travel teams will organize/enter tournaments that require additional fees and further travel in surrounding states.
Travel teams are NOT co-ed, and they offer a higher level of play than the Glenwood Recreational League. Travel teams may be formed for the U09 through U19 age groups if enough players sign up to fill a team and if a coach can be found. These teams require more commitment, and often practice 2-3 times per week during the pre-season and game season.
Fall 2018 Soccer Registration is now OPEN through June 23!!! Go to this link below, and register your Rec or Travel player:
We have a new online registration system that is much improved. A couple of things to expect:
• You’ll be prompted to set up a brand new user ID and password
• You’ll be prompted to upload a photo of your athlete and an image of their birth certificate (you will have an option to finish registering and come back later to upload).
• If you can help coach or assistant coach for GSC this fall, you’ll need to register to coach which allows us to get a little more info from our coaches.
• We will only accept credit card payment for online registration this year. If you wish to pay by check or cash, you can register in person on June 16, 10:00-1:00 at Glenwood HS.
-$100 TRAVEL U9 – U19 (see uniform info below)
* New travel team players U9-U14 will need to purchase a new Nike uniform if you did not play in the Fall of 2017 or Spring of 2018. Travel uniforms are $79 for a black jersey/ white jersey/ shorts/ socks, or pieces can be purchased separately. Please visit https://glenwoodsoccer.
Rec uniform fees are included in your Rec registration fee, and those uniforms will be handed out prior to your first game.
PLEASE REGISTER ON TIME! Late registrations will unlikely be processed, and a late fee of $10 will apply after June 23.
Only credit card payments will be accepted with online registrations this year. If you want to pay by check or cash, please register in person on Sat, June 16 between 10:00am – 1:00pm at Glenwood High School.
Most practices will begin by mid August. Games will begin late August to early September and run through the end of October.
Teams are formed with the intent of the team being an annual team, playing in both the fall and the spring. Fall: Teams are formed based on birth year (see below) and rosters are limited to the sizes outlined with ISA and ENSA/NL rules. If more players register than what the roster size allows, we will move players up to older age teams based on our policy (age and experience dictate move) to allow for the most opportunity for every player to play. Spring: In most cases, returning travel team players will be placed on their existing fall teams first, then any new players will fill any remaining spots. There are instances where it is the best thing for the TEAM to move an older player up to an older team. Once teams are full, we will begin a waiting list and attempt to form new teams.
Travel Team Age Brackets for 2017-2018 Season:
|Birth Year:||Age Bracket:|